Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One week down.

I'm going to complain a little, so don't read if you don't want to "hear" it. Today wasn't that great of a day. I mean, as I keep saying, I know there are people that are so much worse off in MANY ways than me, but compared to my good days lately, this was not one of them. I'm beginning to feel probably like what I'm supposed to feel like being off of my medication and on a low-iodine diet. You know what though? I didn't feel too badly for a week! An entire week! YAY!



I've gotten sick at my stomach a few times today and am starting to feel achy. My legs ache most, but maybe that was from my 3 + hour walk-a-thon in Walmart Monday night. I will NOT spend that much time reading labels again. It is SO frustrating! I'll get what I know I can have and be done... that is if I have to go back. I don't have much energy but I need to fix that. I need to rest more and stop doing stuff. I need to chill. Maybe it won't get too much worse. I'm glad it's still not too bad after a week.



I cooked a pot roast in the crockpot with a bunch of veggies over night last night. Got the beef from pastor's sister who just happened to overhear me talking to his wife about every kind of chicken you can find has salt in it. They raise beef and add nothing to it whatsoever. I had never met her and this came about. That's God! So, I got a fresh potroast and some ground beef. It was really good. I've got a ton left that I'll eat on for a while. A God-send from church offered to come over tonight and help me cut up veggies. So, we stood there for probably an hour cutting up veggies so I don't have to do it later. How sweet! I went ahead and made some hobo dinners that I can just heat up later and eat, too. I would have never gotten it done without her help. She even went as far as preparing my fruit, peeling and cutting kiwi, cutting the stems off strawberries, etc. I didn't ask her to. She just did it. I'd say, "You don't have to do that!" and she'd say, "I know I don't have to, but I'm gonna!" What a sweetie! What a HUGE help! I've been looking up low-iodine recipes and they all say to go ahead and prepare food because you won't feel like it later. Check. I've got supper for many nights now. SO glad I had some help doing it. Living here alone, I don't think I would ever call someone up and say, "Will you please come and help me prepare my food?" Not gonna happen. God is taking care of me. He uses His people when we need them and not even ask for them. She knew I wasn't feeling well, offered to come and help, and I took her up on her offer. Kinda surprised I did, but I did. I hate feeling like someone's gone out of their way for me. I'm sure other people feel that way, too. We sat and chatted for a while when all was said and done in the kitchen and that helped get my mind off of things. It was nice. I enjoyed it.



Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. Gotta stay positive, right? I go a week from tomorrow to the doc for some blood work to make sure my TSH levels are high enough. If they are, I will be admitted April 21st, two weeks from yesterday.



I have GOT to get in bed. I need to get to bed earlier to ensure feeling better. BUT, Rachel and I are going to see Wicked on Saturday. YAY!!! I can't WAIT! It gives me something to look forward to! LOVE Wicked! Must go to bed. Sorry for complaining. Just keeping it real. I could feel MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse!!! I can get up in the mornings and thank God for a new day. This still isn't and never will be that bad! NO feeling sorry for me. This is just a place to vent. I warned you that I was going to complain, too. Maybe tomorrow I'll stop complaining... which may mean stop blogging. :)



G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment